Tuesday, August 2

Life in Pictures

I’ve spoken of Life Documentation for quite a while now, but I’ve struggled to put it into practice.

I love the notion of capturing life in a specific time and place through imagery, static or moving. I want to remember what I looked like, what I wore, where I lived and spent my time. I want to be reminded of people, places, things and thoughts perhaps forgotten. I love the idea of being able to share my life with others close and far, from the past, present and future through depictions of reality.

I have a tendency for taking pictures and am often motivated to make videos, but I often hold back from posting for fear of being misinterpreted as self-indulgent or narcissistic. Nonetheless, I have a vision and a project to uphold and thus I will be posting trinkets of my everyday weekly life in pictures in such postings.

A taste of Spring came about this weekend. I felt the urge to get out of the house and do some writing, so I setup shop in the park on a picnic blanket with my trinkets. I started writing a blog about my running progress, but then it turned into a long piece about quitting smoking and now I’m realizing that it might be three pieces on quitting smoking, getting healthy and running. I’ve always had trouble being brief with my writing. I’m now making efforts to edit my pieces and break them down based on content.

Have I told you how much I love the park in front of our house? We call it the Front Yard. It’s such a great thing to have so close to home. There are always dog pow wows going on all over, which I’m very jealous of. If only I had a dog, I could meet and get to know all my neighbours. If only I had a dog, we could go for walks and runs and park hang outs. If only I didn’t have dog allergies, I could do all of these things. Sigh. IMG_0450

I sat and watched the sun set in my park while I did some pondering and writing. The sky was exceptionally colourful on this Sunday evening. Don’t you think?

Once the sun had set and the cold settled in, I walked through the park to our humble abode. We like to think of it as our own little Melrose Place on the Park, minus all the drama that is.

IMG_0454

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Making JGB Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template